Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Running in Central Park


Just finished a real estate lease Purchase business trip in NYC and NJ and decided I deserved a good 6 mile run.
What better place than Central Park, truly a running mecca.
I arrived thru the Columbus Circle entrance to the park and it brought back great memories of the conclusion of previous NYC marathons I had run. The park has a great 6 mile circle/loop and the plethora of people, hotdog vendors, horse and bicycle carriages is a feast for the eyes.BTW watch out for the horse poop, it's everywhere, yuch.

You can leave the ipod at home while just doing an easy 9 mile pace and looking at all the people. Think I caught a glance at Howard Stern running the other way. I heard that he and his finacee Beth O were avid runners and were training for the 2008 NYC marathon before they were married; go Howie. Heck of a way to spend a honeymoon.

The hour just flies by and I seriously considered doing another loop but the hunger pains started kicking in and there is no place for a runner to be hungry than NYC

BTW, That same day I also logged in another 7 miles by just walking around Wall Street, 42nd Street and Times Square. I love using my Nike Free watch and sensor; it keeps great track of my milage. Lately I have been averaging 70 to 80 miles per week.
More onthat in another blog posting

Run Well
Your Pal
Claude Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment