Monday, January 26, 2009

Had a fun day yesterday at the Carlsbad Marathon . They had over 9000 runners. The weather was overcast and in the 50's; perfect running weather.
My intent was to run the half marathon event under 2 hours and I am happy to report that I did a 1:52.  I just took it easy, made new running friends. I took the layback California approach and and keep my pace around the low 8 minutes miles.

The event was well organized considering the size of the crowd. Very cool Medals were  awarded And I placed 30 out of 166 for my "young age group.

There were all sorts of entertainment, drum and rock bands along the way and the crowds and support were totally awesome dude.

If you are wondering what's over my shoulder (in the pic) it's my very light Camelbak. It holds the car keys, money and cell phone and a liter of water. Much better that the little bottles around the waist that I see other folks hauling.

Great job Carlsbad MArathon folks-Thank you.

Claude Diamond
www.CaudeDiamond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment